This agreement is entered into with SNARR Northeast Animal Rescue jointly by the undersigned, in order to permit the Volunteer to participate in the Volunteer program ( at our shelter facility, events, etc) This Agreement is for the benefit of SNARR Northeast Animal Rescue and each of its staff members, employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives (known individually as an “Indemnitee” and collectively as “Indemnitees”).
Volunteers have been advised that the activity of working with the shelter animals is hazardous and involves contact with animals that are unpredictable. As such, SNARR Northeast Animal Rescue cannot be held liable for injuries or accidents that may occur as a result of working with the animals. Volunteers understand that the following are some, but not all, of the risks associated with working with shelter animals:
- Bites or scratches from dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, and birds
- Being knocked down or pulled excessively by a dog
- Injuries relating to wrist/hand/fingers from an animal leash Slips/trips/falls resulting from wet floors/kennels or equipment
- Hitting heads on objects such as cage doors/kennel walls/hose boxes, etc.
- Water or cleaners sprayed in eyes, ears, skin or mouth
- Injuries resulting from cage doors, equipment, etc.
- Flea/tick bites or ring worm infestation
- Internal or external parasites
- Zoonotic illnesses (human illness contracted from animals)
- Animal illness exposure to animals at home
- Injuries related to lifting animals, food, litter, or equipment
- Injuries caused from grooming equipment-such as clipper blades, shears, driers
- Exposure to cleaners, latex gloves, bleach, parasite control products
- Exposure to or incidents relating to the public (outbursts, inappropriate contact)
- Exposure to or incidents relating to the volunteers (outbursts, inappropriate contact)
- Loss of personal property
- Any type of damage to a vehicle while parked on shelter grounds
- Damage to clothing from animals, cages, chemicals, etc.
Volunteers are aware that injuries, loss of or damage to personal property, and death may occur as a
result of Volunteer’s participation at the shelter or rescue events. Volunteers agree that SNARR
Northeast Animal Rescue and Indemnitees shall not be held responsible or liable for any personal injury or other injury, including death; damage, loss, or expense to Volunteer or his/her property, whether such injury, death, damage, loss, or expense is caused by negligence of SNARR Northeast Animal Rescue, any Indemnitee, or a third party. Volunteers and their heirs, executors, and administrators agree to hold harmless each Indemnitee against any and all manner of legal actions, such as suits, debts, claims, or liability of any kind incurred while the Volunteer participates at the shelter.
Volunteers fully, completely, and unconditionally waive and release each Indemnitee from all rights,
liabilities, duties, claims, charges, demands, actions, damages, costs, attorney fees, or expenses of any kind that Volunteers may have now or in the future against SNARR Northeast Animal Rescue or any
Indemnitee relating to participation at the shelter or rescue/shelter events.
Volunteers represent and warrant that he/she is physically and mentally fit to safely work with animals and public at the shelter. Should an accident or other medical emergency occur while participating at the shelter or while the Volunteer is en route to or from SNARR Northeast Animal Rescue Shelter-sponsored events and SNARR Northeast Animal Rescue staff members are unable to timely reach Emergency Contacts for medical authorizations, then the Volunteer hereby gives consent for SNARR Northeast Animal Rescue members to authorize medical treatment.
Volunteer represents and warrants that Volunteer has current medical insurance coverage and agrees to
be responsible for any and all billings and debts incurred with respect to such medical treatment or
Volunteers represent and warrant that each of them has the authority to enter into this agreement.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable in any way, it shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible and all other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.